An SSL (Secured Socket Layer) encrypts the data sent to you from your websites users.For -commerce an SLL helps secure you customers data that they input on your website, like name, address and credit card info.
This how you use AutoSSL on your cPanel Hosting:
- First you want to log into your cPanel hosting control panel and go to your security apps.
- Inside the security section of your cPanel control panel select SSL/TLS Status.
- Inside the SSL/TLS Status app you will be able to see which websites have an active SSL certificate.
- If you see aL website that doesn’t have an SSL certificate installed click the button that says run-AutoSS.
- You will see the button now have spinning arrows with a message “AutoSSL is in progress”. Wait for this to complete
- When the app is done installing you will get a notification and the app will refresh, you should now see the SSL certificate on your website.
- Sometimes it may take some time for your DNS to propagate and you made need to try a few times. Normally you don’t have to do anything as the app will do it on its own.
Author: Jeffrey Miles